SIA Security Guard Training Birmingham
Please Read Before you Book:
No one does the security guard training 99% of the learners do the Door Supervisor Course. As the Door supervisor, SIA Licence covers Security Guarding as Well as Door supervision so you dont have to apply for two different licenses.
The security guard training will allow a learner to apply for an SIA security guard license. The license will allow the individual to work in the UK security industry as a security guard.
About the qualification
- Duration: 3 Days
- Daily: 0930 to 1815 hrs
- Price: £130 (Book Online)
Three examinations (multiple choices)
There are no formal entry requirements other than that you need to be 18 or above, and should have a reasonable understanding of English.
The security guard training which leads to the grant of a sia license is not very popular. The majority of learners opt for the door supervisor qualification, the reason is very simple. With the door supervisor license, you can work as a door supervisor and you can also work as a security guard. The price difference between door supervisor and security guarding qualification is negligible and the price of the license remains to be the same.
Core modules for the security guard course
Common Security Industry Knowledge
- Session 1: Awareness of the Law in the Private Security Industry
- Session 2: Health and Safety for the Private Security Operative
- Session 3: Fire Safety Awareness
- Session 4: Emergency Procedures
- Session 5: The Private Security Industry
- Session 6: Communication Skills and Customer Care
Security Guarding Specialist Module
- Session 1: Introduction to the Roles and Responsibilities of Security Officers
- Session 2: Patrolling
- Session 3: Access and Egress Control
- Session 4: Searching
- Session 5: Technology and Systems in the Security Environment
- Session 6: The Security Officer and The Law
- Session 7: Communicating, Reporting and Record Keeping
Conflict Management Module
- Session 1: Avoiding Conflict and Reducing Personal Risk
- Session 2: Defusing Conflict
- Session 3: Resolving and Learning from Conflict
- Session 4: Application of Communication Skills and Conflict Management for Security Guarding and Close Protection
Training venues for security guard training
The security guard course would be held at our birmingham venue which is Elite house, 70 Warwick street, B12 0NL Birmingham.
Faqs for the security guard training
No depending on what you aim to do in the security industry you need to get a SIA license in the respective field. In order to get that licence, you are required to undergo training.
Most of the supermarkets are licensed premises, that is that they sell alcohol in retail. Thus in order to work, you would be required to have a door supervisor license rather than a security guarding license.
Once we tell you that you have qualified you can apply for your license.
The qualification is set at Level 2, meaning that it is an entry level examination.
We will give you an English language assessment exam on the first day of your training, and let you know if you may be able to complete the qualification.