SIA CCTV Course Birmingham
The CCTV training course is a four days training, at the end of the training if you qualify you would be able to apply for your SIA CCTV Pss license (Public space surveillance).
- Duration: 3 Days
- Daily: From 0900 to 1730 hrs
- Assessments for the course: There would be three assessments at the end of the training two multiplechoicese and one practice module.
- Price: £135 (Book Online)
CCTV training entry requirements
You need to be 18 and above and have a fair degree of understanding of English.
Contents of the SIA CCTV training
Module 1: Working in the private security industry
- Awareness of the Law in the Private Security Industry
- Health and Safety for the Private Security Operative
- Fire Safety Awareness
- Emergency Procedures
- The Private Security Industry
- Communication Skills and Customer Care
Module 2: CCTV Operations (Public Space Surveillance)
- Introduction to the Roles and Responsibilities of the CCTV Operator and other CCTV Staff
- Codes of Practice, Operational Procedures, and Guidelines
- CCTV Equipment and its Operation
- Control Room Communications and Access Control
- Dealing with Incidents
- CCTV Surveillance Techniques
- Emergency Procedures in the CCTV Control Room
- Health and Safety at Work in the CCTV Environment
After you have successfully finished the training, you would be able to apply for your SIA CCTV license. Eighty percent of the SIA licenses are processed within 25 working days provided there is no complication. In case if there is a delay in your license the regulator will write to you and may ask for additional information.
You cannot work in the security industry without a valid license. Once you have been granted the CCTV license you would be able to work as a CCTV Pss operator.
Where would the course take place?
We can provide training for CCTV in our Birmingham venue 70 Warwick street B12 0NL. The venue can be ours or it can be of the client as well.
CCTV Training Course in Birmingham
Our main office is located in the heart of Birmingham which is near Central Birmingham. This venue is excellent for learners wishing to do the CCTV training from all of Birmingham, Midlands, and surrounding areas.
The Venue has excellent communication links and free parking is available on site.
Frequently asked questions about the SIA CCTV Pss Training
Different learners have different ability to learn and retain information. The course has been set at level 2, which means that it is an entry level qualification. Thus majority of the people that is about 99 percent of the learners qualify in the first attempt.
No you wll get your results after five working days.
Yes you will get a physical certificate after the course. Once your result is published, after ten working days you can come to the centre and collect your certificate.
Yes, you can apply for the SIA licence once we tell you that you have passed. You don’t need to wait for the actual physical certificate to arrive in order to apply for your SIA CCTV licence.
As already mentioned that majority of the people qualify in the first attempt. However if you fail a particular module you don’t have to come again for the training. You would be required to resit the module that you have failed.